Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thing 4


The Letter Writer
Originally uploaded by rita banerji

This was a moving picture for me. I hope it will move others as well. This woman in India is illiterate. The simple and sometimes quite personal task of writing a letter that we take for granted, requires a trip to a "Letter Writer" for this woman.

This photo is a part of the 50 Million Missing International Campaign. This is a campaign to increase international awareness about the social factors that have led to the elimination of 50 million women from India's population. For more information, click on "The Letter Writer" picture.


Flicker has been enjoyable to use. I think I would use it for personal reasons, but as for right now, I am not sure how I would use it in the library. I would, however; like to begin an Information Literacy Course at this University. If I am successful in implementing such a course, I may integrate Flickr at that time.

No comments: