Friday, August 8, 2008

Thing 9

Collaboration Tools- Once I finally realized what to do for this module, I really appreciated what Google Docs and ZohoWriter can accomplish. That would be so much better than the traditional email attachment. In fact- I can see this as being a great benefit for an editor as well. I am thinking about someone working on a dissertation. They could put the document up on Google Docs for an editor to work on it and then the paper could continually progress without multiple editions floating around. In addition, the dissertation advisor could comment directly on the document as well. I am sure their are a million uses for this "Thing," and that the uses are evolving and being added too daily.

The one thing I didn't care for in this "Thing" was the time it took for me to understand how to access/use the tools. I didn't think the directions for this one were the most clear. I felt like I wasted a lot of time just figuring out what to do.

No comments: